Debian Questions

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 7 21:29:12 EDT 2008

Huh... Are you sure it replaces the link on upgrade? Because I have removed
that link on plenty of systems and I think I've run 'apt-get dist-upgrade'
about a bzillion times but I don't think it ever replaced the link. But
obviously, by the number of "I thinks" in this message, I'm not sure.

It seems to me that that would kind of be a bug. It would be akin to over
writing a config file you modified.