Obtaining Debian

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Aug 1 06:16:35 EDT 2008

Robert Spangler, le Fri 01 Aug 2008 01:46:52 -0400, a écrit :
> I burned the ISO to a CD and am trying to get it started.  So, when it
> starts, I press tab and type speakup.synth=ltlk (because I am using a
> Double Talk LT).  How do I know when the prompt is up?  I have not been
> successful in getting it to start yet.  Will it automatically boot up
> another kernel if I don't act in time?

There is no timeout.

Having the debian installation CD beep at the prompt is currently in
discussion on debian-boot, there is a test image on

http://brl.thefreecat.org/mini-beep.iso

Note:
I probably forgot to mention: these images were built with the debian
speakup modules version 3.0.2+git20080517.dfsg.1-2, iirc there was a
crash issue in that version with some devices and ltlk.

Samuel