debian speakup emacs upgrade

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Apr 29 21:44:41 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 06:21:24PM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> That would not surprise me at all.  The only unfortunate thing I find is
> that dpkg isn't intelligent enough to finger such objectionable packages

	Actually, it sorta is, if you use dfull-upgrade, rather than
upgrade or safe-upgrade, but full-upgrade is really only designed to be
a one-shot, version to next version affair.  Otherwise the folks at
Debian would have to script in for the additionalfull-upgrade case for
every package.  it wasn't designed for something like a lenny to lenny
transition.  All I really know is what the man page says, that using
full-upgrade repeatedly can have strange, unwanted results.  My debsecan
package is giving me grief over the same reason, because there's a newer
module in perl than the one it needs to backport to. <shrugs>

			Michael