Bug: speech not coming up on boot

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sun Apr 27 07:43:27 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 02:07:26AM -0700, Tony Baechler wrote:
> I'm using my custom Debian 2.6.24-6-686 kernel packages with Speakup

	Can't help you with the boot mixup, as I'm still running  the
Shane 2.6.18-686 kernel for Debian, but I also use the beep and spd-say
programs to let me know when the system is ready for login and which
interface is active.  I'm running Debian unstable and occasionallly
the audio or video systems fail to start on occasion.  Using a bell
character (Ctrl+G), the beep, and/or spd-say programs to  monitor what
goes on might help.  In the meantime, hitting reset before the system
exits read-only mode of operation won't hurt.  Now that I'm thinking
about it, putting a distinct beep  at the point where the system
switches to read-write mode is a good idea to implement myself.  Thanks.

			Michael