speakup on ppc?

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Fri Apr 25 20:30:37 EDT 2008

Actually, I misspoke; since I'm using yaboot I don't have grub. tried the
ctrl-g with yaboot and it didn't work but I don't think pc speaker works for
me anyway.

I tried to compile the 2.6.24 kernel but had problems with keyboard; haven't
figured out whether or not the problem is speakup-related or something else.
I also will have to dig up info on software speech if I decide to try to get
speakup going; it's been a long time since I did this. I insgtalled
speech-dispatcher but then uninstalled it when I discovered that orca quits
talking when the speech daemon is running. Eventually I'll put it back on
and not let it run automatically.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,