speakup on ppc?

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Wed Apr 23 23:07:10 EDT 2008

Hi all.

I posted to macvoiceover about my success in getting a dual boot with a ppc
mac mini with brltty, though with an unofficial cd since the necessary
changes in brltty haven't made it into the official testing images yet. I
got some inquiries back, some asking about speakup. I haven't tried using
speakup in ppc yet, though I did try using espeak, which installs but
doesn't speak and gives an error about bad data; I read that it could be
compiled to get rid of the error but then still didn't speak. There actually
is a version of espeak that works on the macosx end, though it isn't
incorporated to work with voiceover at this point. at any rate, can anybody
tell me whether speakup works on a ppc installation, specifically debian but
others also if applicable, and if there's any iso installation media at
present for ppc that has speakup?

tia.

--

Cheryl