Speakup and Linux 2.6.24 - Almost Got It Working

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Apr 15 16:00:21 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 05:35:37PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> My use of gnome/orca has been very preliminary, but if you kill speakup
> with the print screen key in tty7, you should have orca speaking by
> itself without problems.
:End-Quote:

	I do that, and usually have to delete a screenshot, and the keys
	still speak...some of them, anyway, and Debian Lenny must have
an old version of Orca running, because I don't get much from the
keypad.  I mostly just use the GUI to play music playlists at the
moment.  Right now Lenny's removing Open Office again to fix something,
sothere's not much reason to count on things holding together until
Debian gets all the latest bugs ironed out. <shrugs>  Beats the hell out
of Windows, though, which is only good for running Firefox and the NVDA
screen reader.

			Michael