Speakup and Linux 2.6.24 - Almost Got It Working

Georgina gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 17:42:03 EDT 2008

However, my keyboard will not respond.  When I boot, I usually press the
enter key on the keypad at the "lite talk found"  message so that I don't
have to hear the other stuff.  Nothing responds - not even ctrl+alt+del.

I've had this with a 2.6.24.4 kernel.  I built a kernel using the make all
modules option.  That's exactly what it done but didn't load the keyboard
driver at boot time.  Luckily, I had a USB keyboard and when I plugged it
into the machine after booting, it was initialised.

HTH

Gena