Speakup and Linux 2.6.24 - Almost Got It Working

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Apr 14 11:51:42 EDT 2008

That's interesting.  I always run make oldconfig after copying my old
.config into place so don't know what would happen if you just ran
make menuconfig after copying.  It should work and just take the
default configuration options for new options.  I don't remember any
keyboard related changes other than the fact that notifier code was
included in the 2.6.24 tree.  I have not seen any keyboard not working
situations though so I'd recommend you check your install.log to see
if everything patched okay.

The speakupconf script will need to be modified to work with the new
sysfs changes so if somebody wants to modify it and send me the new
script I'll replace the one on the site with the new one.

phone: (519) 661-3061