Speakup and Linux 2.6.24 - Almost Got It Working

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 22:19:18 EDT 2008

Hello,

OK, I got it compiled in and it actually speaks when I boot it!  However, my
keyboard will not respond.  When I boot, I usually press the enter key on
the keypad at the "lite talk found"  message so that I don't have to hear
the other stuff.  Nothing responds - not even ctrl+alt+del.  I compiled in
both the LTLK driver and the user space software speech driver.  I tried
with both the Gentoo kernel and the vanilla 2.6.24.4 kernel.
Also, what is the dummy, dummy synth driver?

Robby