SSL Certs

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Sep 30 19:11:51 EDT 2007

Hi Steve.

Don't worry about it. All that message means is that the certificate
used by the server wasn't signed by a trusted certifying
authority. This doesn't effect your ability to retrieve mail, or the
security of the connection itself. This message is to be expected if
the certificate isn't signed by a TCA.

As for an explanation of ssl, certificates, ETC., I'd suggest looking
at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer

Hth.

Greg