2.6.22 kernel

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 27 09:47:24 EDT 2007

Yeah ,I found the docs after I posted that message. To be fair to myself, I
did read the README in the speakup directory and the files in the
speakup/doc directory. The info I needed is in the file UPGRADING.

Once I found that, it was quite clear. I now have a talking 2.6.22 kernel. I
haven't actually got one to boot yet though.  My latest effort failed trying
to find a valid root device. But that is probably unrelated to speakup.

I'd be willing to help out with the docs as soon as I learn what I'm
supposed to do myself. I want to get a 2.6.22 kernel working and then fix my
deb package for speechd-up to work with both 2.6.21 and 2.6.22 kernels.