gentoo kernel 2.6.21 speakup does not work with the dectalk express

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Wed Sep 19 00:59:58 EDT 2007

Hi, I just tried using the latest gentoo 2.6.21 kernel using emerge and
genkernel and found out that my dectalk express does not work with this
kernel.  I am stuck with using the kernel and modules from the live CD
2007.0 that is using 2.6.19.  Is there any plans to fix this issue?  Also,
What is the easiest and accessible way to report a bug in gentoo packages or
compilation errors that stop a package from compiling when using emerge?