Listening to Daisy Books

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Sep 19 00:26:01 EDT 2007

Yeah, I think idair is iduna in some parts - not sure there.  But that
program seemed to work some times but seg faults a lot on me.  It
amazes me that Daisy being an "Open" standard has little or no support
in the Linux world.  I don't understand the specs well enough to try
and get in there and shape one of these readers up but it still bugs
me just the same.  I had listen-up working on some demo material from
over five years ago but none of the new stuff I throw at it works at
all!  Listen-up has what I think to be the best looking curses based
UI but nothing plays these days <sigh>.

Guess I'll sit tight and wait for my new Victor Reader Stream to come
in the mail next week or so.