speech dispatcher installation error.

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Thu Sep 6 17:54:53 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I’m using SuSE 10.2.
I have hopefully compiled Speakup into the kernel.  My next step is to
install speech dispatcher and speech-up to get software speech.

I’ve installed Glib 2.0 and dotconf-1.0.  the make /configure process has
gone without errors and so has the ake.

Make install wever has not been so straight forward.

Any ideas what the problem is?

spd_audio.c:91: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c:93: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function âstrdupâ
spd_audio.c:98: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function âstrdupâ
spd_audio.c:109: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c:111: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c:112: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c:114: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function âstrdupâ
spd_audio.c:119: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function âstrdupâ
spd_audio.c:145: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function âstrdupâ
spd_audio.c:150: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in
function âstrdupâ
spd_audio.c: In function âspd_audio_playâ:
spd_audio.c:180: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c:181: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c: In function âspd_audio_stopâ:
spd_audio.c:220: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c:221: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c: In function âspd_audio_closeâ:
spd_audio.c:248: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
spd_audio.c:249: error: âAudioIDâ has no member named âfunctionâ
make[2]: *** [spd_audio.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/downloads/speech-dispatcher-0.6rc2/src/audio'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/downloads/speech-dispatcher-0.6rc2/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

I would really appreciate any help you can provide.

Darragh