feature request

Doug Smith dougsmith1 at charter.net
Thu Sep 6 12:32:51 EDT 2007

, folks.   I have just a little request to make here.  Is it possible
that the next version of speakup can be done such that it will work in
a kernel with the preempt on, so that I won't have to compile a new
kernel in order to get it to work without spelling the words.  It
jumps in and out of a crazy spelling mode because of the preempt
feature of the kernel being on.  I am not going to re-compile a kernel
that works on a system where nothing else is wrong.

If there is a way to fix this without building a new kernel, please
tell me how to do it.

Thanks.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.