speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 issue

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Wed Sep 5 08:50:12 EDT 2007

Hi Kerry,

Thanks.

My alsa is 0.1.14RC3, and dmix is running. I can play multiple alsa
apps simultaneously, and I can play one oss application along with an
alsa application, but I can only run one oss application at a time.

My sound subsystem is the onboard system with the Intel D945
motherboard, and the alsa driver is pretty primitive  for it, the
snd-hda-intel. It lacks a lot of controls I am used to.

Chuck