Missing my PC speaker

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sun Nov 25 13:22:43 EST 2007

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 07:11:42AM -0500, Garrett Klein wrote:
> Anyway, the case I bought happens not to have a PC speaker. It's not
> something that's mentioned on the spec sheet, so it's really a
> hit-or-miss deal. But is there a way to, say, rip the pc speaker out of
> my old case (assuming I can find it) and ... I dunno ... superglue it
> somewhere in this new case and connect the right wires? Or
> alternatively, is how hard would it be to modify the standard "alert"
> function to do something else, like play a sound?

	If you can find the speaker pins on the motherboard, which
should probably be right with the rest of the pin-outs to the front
panel switches, there should be no problem.  If there's no mounting
point for a speaker, maybe some of that double-sided foam tape used to
hang pictures, and trying to direct it at any vent openings in the case.
Anyway, it should be clearly marked on the motherboard in microscopic
white letters, so even a sighted person may need a good magnifying glass
to read it.  HTH,

				Michael