Ways of distributing Speakup Modified Fedora.

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sat Nov 24 10:40:49 EST 2007

Hi, Bill!

I'm among those who don't have DVD burners.  I don't know when I'll get one.  If you can make a boot or rescue CD, though, I can install Fedora 8 the only way I ever installed FC6, from a DVD image in my home partition.  If my hard drive's partition table gets screwed up, which has happened before, then I should be able to use GRML to set things right and then install Fedora.  At least, that's my guess.

I note that a few years ago one of the much-touted benefits of Linux was that you could use it on older equipment.  I take it that's one thing you can't say about Fedora or Red Hat any longer.  It becomes less affordable that way.  I know of course that this isn't your doing, and that you've got a problem to solve, but it deserves mention.

Al