Laptop recommendations?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri Nov 23 13:42:19 EST 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 09:43:25PM -0800, Hurst, Cody wrote:
> Anything without an Nvidia video card should do what you are looking for.
> Not an hp because that is what I have and ubuntu never booted and installed

Thanks, Cody.	  Kinda sounds like my ATI All-In-Wonder card in my last
system.  Used the VESA driver to get it to work, and could never get the
bttv system running.  Since my last email, I've been checking out a Dell
Inspiron that's being sold for $600 with Ubuntoo pre-installed.  I can
see that it's a Core-2 Duo, and has an 80G hard drive, and that's about
it until I can call their 800 number and find out more.  The details
page on the thing wasn't coming up.  I wouldn't know a line across the
screen if it came up and slapped me in the face, so...anyway, if X11 starts, it won't matter if the screen displays anything. <grins>  I've been hearing abourt NVidia cards.  Thanks for the additional reminder.  I may just break down and get the dell if it has a serial port.  Thank you for the info,

				Michael