espeak-generic v the espeak sd module

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Tue Nov 20 06:34:33 EST 2007

I had trouble getting the sd module to handle speaking of typed capital
letters correctly.
I could either =get it to speak all capitalized output in a high voice or
none.
What I prefer is to have the capital high voice active when echoing my
typing and when reviewing stuff on the screen, but not when catting a file
or doing ls.
This I could get still going with the generic module but not with the sd
one.
May be it is only me who want this behavior.
Regards, Willem