sound question

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 05:02:30 EST 2007

Hi Willem,

On 20/11/2007 8:18 PM, Willem van der Walt wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> If you use the files I have sent you, you are currently using
> espeak-generic.
> Edit /etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf and find the line
> with aplay.
> at the end, add -D plug:dmix

Ok What's the exact line?

I'm not sure if I found the right thing...

BTW I changed my audio player from mpg123 to alsaplayer and now I get
speech with speakup (using espeak)
So should I still do this?

When speakup is talking though and I type
espeak "hello world"
And hit enter while espeak is talking I get a segmentation fault. But I
guess thats ok. If I shut speakup up then enter its all fine.