What is the difference between Speakup and Zipspeak?

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Mon Nov 5 09:49:30 EST 2007

and if you want to use zipspeak, I would recommend downloading
zipslack from the latest slackware release that contained it (9.1?)
and just replacing the kernel with a speakup one from the same
slackware version.  I seem to remember zipspeak having some issues
(cr/lf line endings in the startup scripts comes to mind) so doing
this is probably your best bet.
On
Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 10:09:55PM -0500, Doug Sutherland wrote:
> Zipspeak is speakup. It's a slackware based small distro
> that will work on a DOS partition using the UMSDOS
> filesystem. It is a minimal slackware system same as the
> normal slackware just different type of file system, with
> speakup kernel precompiled.
>
>   -- Doug

Linux: the operating system with a CLUE... Command Line User Environment.
	-- seen in a posting in comp.software.testing