editors

Lukas Loehrer listaddr1 at gmx.net
Fri Nov 2 05:29:45 EDT 2007

Tyler Spivey writes ("Re: editors"):
> I tried emacspeak, but the constant delay between me pressing a key and
> getting a response from the synthesizer quickly turned me away from it.
> I was using a dectalk express, but noone else seemed to have that
> problem - so I think that it's just normal emacspeak behaviour that
> everyone got used to - all of the voice changing commands and silences

I have only used emacspeak with eflite, espeak and the outloud TTS
servers and it is extremely responsive, that means there is no
noticeable delay between pressing a key and the TTs system speaking
it.

Emacs and Emacspeak are really much more than just an editor. You can
use it to do many different tasks like reading mail, surfing the web
or managing your contacts. Also, it can be extended easily by the user
which makes it very flexible.

Best regards, Lukas