New Member Questions

VaShaun Jones vjones at mjb-llc.com
Thu Nov 1 14:06:49 EDT 2007

Hello listers I am interested in the Speak-Up project from a user
perspective not in development, however I am willing to test
development of the screen reader. If I have reached the wrong list for
the below questions, can someone please point me in the right
direction. I will be installing Linux on a Mac Book Pro using Boot
Camp and/or Fusion, what is the best distribution for this? Where can
I get a copy of Linux? Where can I hear a sample of the voice(s) for
Linux? How does it compare to JAWS, Window-eyes or Voice Over? Last,
What are the short comings in both Linux and Speak-Up?
distributions?