editors

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Nov 1 08:59:52 EDT 2007

Hello,
I am currently looking for a better editor than my current favourite
(nano). I have just been doing some bash scripting training, and in that
they were teaching using vi (the training was for people who may never
have used unix before), but I have to say I just wasn't getting on with
vi. How does speakup work with vi best? I found it not very good. People
were saying to me that nano isn't so powerful (and I know what they are
getting at), so I am thinking about emacs (or emacspeak). It seems more
to my liking than vi, but I have a few questions about it. If I were to
use emacspeak, how is it best to stop conflicts of speakup and emacspeak
wanting to use the same synth (an apollo in my case)? Or is it good to
use emacs with speakup (so doing away with emacspeak? Or alternatively,
is there any other editors people might suggest.

From
Michael Whapples