Speech Dispatcher bugfixes, request for help with testing

hermann steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de
Thu May 31 07:40:31 EDT 2007

Hello Hynek,
unfortunately I didn't save the messages, and yesterday evening I
installed the souce-code of SD successfully - I hope so.
Reproducing the install screws up my system, because SD and dependent
packages were not configured and have to be uninstalled and completely
reianstalled, including your source file. So please understand that I
want do this without real need.
The error messages came from dpkg saying that libspeech cannot be
installed due to dependency problems - too old libc6.
Note: I can't predict if this is all, since dpkg tends to present erro
messages step by step. That means, if you solved one dependency issue,
it can come up with another one etc. I experienced this sometimes.
I hope that the information points the Ubuntu people to the right
direction. In the meantime we should recommend Ubuntu users to install
the source file of SD.
Hermann