modified fedora and software speech

Michael Weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Mon May 28 00:54:13 EDT 2007

Hi!
Thanks for your message as regards Speakup and Fedora.
If I am going to be getting the non-modified Fedora when it is
released what is the URL for it and is it simple to add Speakup to it
particularly as I might be having to try to guide one Fedora user in
her early to late twenties as to how to go about compiling Speakup or
whatever for me, I am 29 myself and she runs rings around me despite
the something like 9 or a fewer less years junior age gap.
I may need to wait until next Monday when I attend the Huddersfield
group as I may see Libbie one of those who can help me with it this
Wednesday at the Birstall group if there is one on this Wednesday and
she doesn't always attend the Huddersfield one although there maybe
other Fedora users in the group who often attend both groups.
The other thing is Libbie or some of the others may not have as much
knowledge about speech access as me as they don't have to use Linux
screenreaders although Ben is taking an interest in the accessibility
side  but any help would be welcome.