flite with speakup config?

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Thu May 24 21:57:27 EDT 2007

You need to download/install speech-dispatcher and speechd-up from the
freebsoft.org project.  Also flite is probably not a good choice for
speach, it doesn't sound all that great and tends to studder when
reading long blocks of text.  You're much better off with espeak.
On
Thu, May 24, 2007 at 01:56:58PM -0600, Littlefield, Tyler wrote:
> Hello list,
> I may have to leave tomorrow night at around 5 PM MST.
> I'm going to be brutally forced in to using a console for.. everything.
> So, I've got a couple questions.
> I know i can pass sftsynth as an argument on the kernel command line.
> But, what do I have to do, in order to get flite working with speakup?
> Also, how good is lynx with browsing the internet?
> Any help is really appriciated,
> Thanks,
> ~~TheCreator~~
> [My programs don't have bugs; just randomly added features]
> msn:
> compgeek13 at gmail.com
> aim: st8amnd2005
> skype: st8amnd127
> vertigo head coder
> web: tysdomain.com

Excusing bad programming is a shooting offence, no matter _what_ the
circumstances.
	-- Linus Torvalds, to the linux-kernel list