flite with speakup config?

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu May 24 17:01:27 EDT 2007

Install speechd-up, speech-dispatcher and flite.  If flite is the only synth,
then you should be able to load the software speech module, start speechd-up and
flight should talk.  To test flite before making it work with speakup, type
flite followed by anything you want flite to say.  If you have multiple software
synths installed, look at your speech-distapcher configuration files to ensure
you're working with the correct synth.