alsa questions?

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Mon May 21 13:18:50 EDT 2007

  Hi Amanda!  It looks like you are using the wrong module for the
Sblive Value card.  It should be snd-emu10k1, not snd-emu10k1x.  The
snd-emu10k1x module is for the Dell Creative Labs card, a crummy
software driven version of the sblive card.  Under Linux, it is not
multi channel, and in my experience is most unsatisfactory.  The sblive
value card on the other hand, is a wonderful multi channel sound card.
Just make sure you are using the correct module, and I think your
problems will disappear.

Gene