Speakup kernel patch dropped from Ububtu Gutsy

Sérgio Neves mailpgrupos at netcabo.pt
Tue May 15 14:36:25 EDT 2007

I agree too.
I think working with speakup is faster than working with orca. There are
people who like very much working on text consoles with a faster tool than
working with the graphical environment.
And the beginners don't know how to compile the kernel (they and I can
learn, but it's more efficient to have speakup without learning to do
difficult tasks).
Well, if it's impossible to maintain, we'll have to live without it, but I
think an important tool could not be put appart.

Thanks for the attention

Best regards

Sérgio Neves