Speakup kernel patch dropped from Ububtu Gutsy

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Tue May 15 13:31:56 EDT 2007

Couldn't agree more. With the simplicity of speakup, its always there. Also
even though orca supports gnome-terminal which can be used for command line
stuff, for some reason I seem to prefer to switch to a text console and use
speakup, and there are plenty of cases where I do use speakup rather than
orca. Then there are those cases where orca doesn't work, what happens if my
X configuration is messed up and gnome just doesn't start, etc.

As for compiling a kernel, yes I have done it, but having now used ubuntu
where I had no great need to compile my own kernel, I probably would prefer
not to go back to compiling my own.

From
Michael Whapples