linux connection dying?

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Thu May 3 19:00:24 EDT 2007

I've had a similar problem with eth 0 saying link up then a few minutes later,
eth 0 link down and eth 0 link up.  Is this was what the origonal poster is
describing?  Is this an indication that my network card has died? Is the a
setting which could be causing this.  I'm running debian sarge on that system
with updates as of last August.