grub question on fedora core 6 and debian etch system

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Fri Mar 30 19:26:31 EDT 2007

Hi, I have fedora core 6 with speakup installed but now when I chroot
into the mounted partition using debian and even in the installation
envirnment I received this error message when trying to upgrade yum
Error: Missing Dependency: yum = 3.0.1-2.fc6 is needed by package
yum-updatesd
How can I fix this problem,  I emailed Bill about the grub issues but
would like to get this yum issue fixed so I can update packages.  I
followed the directions on speakupmodified.org to have yum update my
speakup modified version so do I still need to add the exclude line as