speakup desktop again

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Mon Mar 26 14:24:23 EDT 2007

Hi, I am using a dectalk express with speakup on debian etch.  Would there
be any advantage to installing emacs speak for use with emacs or does
speakup work as well as emacs speak?  How do I disable speakup when I want
to start emacs speak?  Also, How in grub do you tell it to boot another
kernel in the list rather then the default one?  In lilo I would just type
in the label but how do I do this in grub?