grml spelling issues

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Mar 25 16:33:18 EDT 2007

* Nick Gawronski <nick at nickgawronski.com> wrote:

> Hi, the synthisizer sounds good but I think flite is a little better and
> would work better on the live CD with speakup.  Having software speech on a
> live CD is very nice mainly when you are using linux at another computer
> then your own or showing it to someone else and don't want to drag around an
> external synthisizer.

ACK. It's very impressive what espeak can do with this small amount
of diskusage, but raven.ogg was another prove for me that eflite
might be the better choice for most people. Please correct me if I'm
wrong. :) As switching to espeak would mean additional work for me
too I'll leave it untouched for now unless someone can provide me a
better solution.

BTW: If anyone of you wants to test the current grml develrelease
featuring kernel 2.6.20 plus new swspeak setup (hopefully being more
useful for all of you) please contact me off the list. The current
develrelease is pretty close to grml 1.0 already and I'd like to
make sure you get a working speakup setup with the upcoming stable
release.

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins