Reading became duplicated

Cleverson clever92000 at yahoo.com.br
Sun Mar 18 17:42:43 EDT 2007

Hello all

According to Speechd-up documentation, there is the option "--language"
which I could use to specify my native language. Well, that option didn't
simply work here, and when I asked the speechd-up version by typing
"speechd-up -v" it reported 0.1.

I know that I had installed the later version, but for me to be sure I was
really updated, I re-installed speechd-up from Gentoo's portage system.

Now after re-installing it, another issue started occurring. Instead of
speaking each character as I type it, Speakup speaks the entire command line
each time I type something, whether a character or the tab key, and more
interestingly, it reads twice. For example, my prompt is labeled "Linux".
When I'm in my user directory that is "clevlim", Instead of reading "Linux
clevlim $" it reads "linux clevlim Linux clevlim", and in addition, the "-t"
option for preventing speechd-up from overwriting Speakup characters tables
no longer works...

Did it all ever happen to someone?

Thank you all,
Cleverson

"Be realistic; ask for the impossible."

Yahoo! Mail - Sempre a melhor opção para você!
Experimente já e veja as novidades.
http://br.yahoo.com/mailbeta/tudonovo/