FC 6 disk problems.

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Sat Mar 17 14:58:51 EDT 2007

Hi, Nick!

Yes, you'd download the CD or DVD image(s) from a link at

http://www.speakupmodified.org

I like to use ncftp and go to

ftp.speakupmodified.org/speakupmodified/fedora/6/i386/iso

and download the whole batch of bad boys using the bgget command.  (Note:  The first time, ncftp only took me as far as ftp.speakupmodified.org.  After eventually getting to the right place via the cd command and saving the thing as an ncftp bookmark, though, getting back there's a snap.)

It's been about two months since I installed FC3, so I've largely forgotten what differences there are between that installation and the FC6 one I tried this afternoon.  One annoying difference is this, though:  you no longer have the "everything" selection at the end of the package or package group list of what you want to install.  There are three main choices, something like office productivity tools, development stuff, and Web server stuff.  I selected all of these, hitting the space bar and checking that there's an asterisk to indicated selection.  I then go to the customize (or whatever it's called), hit enter, and arrow down to check for asterisks and add them where necessary.  (Selecting all three main groups does not select "authoring and publishing," for example.)

I hope this helps some.  I also hope it shows up on the list, since last night's attempt to reply bounced like a rubber cybercheck.

Al