grml

Doug Smith bdsmith at buncombe.main.nc.us
Tue Mar 13 21:39:10 EDT 2007

Ok  the simple way to boot GRML into software speech is to do this:

When you start the cd, just enter

grml swspeak

after the drive finishes its first short spin.  This will set GRML up
to go into the swspeak mode.  When you hear the message:

booting finished

just enter swspeak

and you will be in the root account.  You will need to bring your
sound all the way up to 100% by doing this:

aumix -w 100

Now, you are in the text mode or command line shell and you are ready
to work.  You need to become the non-priviliged user to loomk around.
Just do this:

su grml

You are the non-priviliged or grml user.

As far as a graphical desktop, I don't use opne.  I cannot tell you
which ones will work with software speech.  However, I hope that
ghetting you into the speech will help you.

Hope this helps.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.
Computer Scientist For CHRIST