Problems with software speech

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 11 13:36:59 EDT 2007

Hello,
    Thank you very much for this information.  I am using the in-kernel Alsa
support, so am a little unsure if configuration files apply here.  Might
anybody be able to enlighten me on this?
I've checked my alsamixer setup, and there doesn't seem to be any kind of
headphone line volume.  It's funny: when I boot into Windows first, I have
master and PCM, and when I don't, I have...Something else.  I am not very
good at diagnosing Alsa problems, and not good either at navigating
Alsamixer, so...
Thanks for all your help, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Have a good day,
Zack.