An official slightly off topic anouncement

Anthony Creapeau creapeaa at msoe.edu
Fri Mar 9 15:37:35 EST 2007

I myself am not biased to any one OS as each has it's plus and minuses. But
for running a web server on Windows Professional was probably not a good
idea because it's actually a client machine used as a workstation in a
business environment. Each service you install or add to Windows does effect
the amount of resources that are eaten up in which case a low end web-server
would have done just fine. I use Window eyes and JAWS, audio converters,
antivirus and surf the web without a flinch from MS.

Let's not forget virus writers want to inflict as much damage in one
instance as they can. What OS is the most prevalent in a business
environment? That's right, Windows and that's why it is so virus stricken.
Give me one OS on the market today that is impervious to viruses. I can't
think of one including Linux. Each and every OS has it's drawbacks and
whatever you choose to use is fine. To each their own.

Anthony Creapeau