Fedora 6 and Speakup on New Thinkpad

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Mar 8 17:08:44 EST 2007

You could also try using the install CD through a serial console, as
this is meant to work with USB to serial devices (and I assume other
serial devices not built in). I remember when I wanted to look at
freebsd as an OS, I was able to install that in such a way (it was just
a shame that whenever it tried to use the network card it crashed the
machine). I don't know if the Fedora installation kernel has serial
console support, hopefully it would.

From
Michael Whapples