Suggestion: Speakup desktop guide

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Thu Mar 8 05:05:50 EST 2007

I think I have to agree with Alex that a GUI does have its place, web
browsing being the most noticable. While it should be possible for
someone to create a suitable text mode browser which can support all the
features that are needed today (such as javascript), I think such a
project is going to be hard work for the results, it most likely won't
get the same wide usage as something such as firefox, so either it may
take longer for bugs to be tracked down, corrected, or web sites won't
consider what to do for that browser (when they have browser specific
code).

I for the most part use orca with gnome, but there is LSR as well. This
is the thing with free software, try them all and use what you find
best, you don't loose anything but the time.

From
Michael Whapples