ot, configuring x

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Wed Mar 7 03:08:26 EST 2007

Hi.

I have notice that the auto config on modern distros doesn't always get
it right.  You will end up with a system that works, but it will get the
keyboard and video wrong.  Ubuntu usually thinks I have a pc 105
keyboard when I actually have a pc 104 keyboard.  This config will work,
but I won't have the right alt key or the context key.
Also, Ubuntu chooses the visa driver instead of the nv driver.  The visa driver will work, but the X system will have better performance if I switch to the
correct driver.

          Kenny