Text-To-Speech on Phones: Nuance Talks

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Sun Mar 4 10:11:30 EST 2007

I wasn't pushing anything, just stumbled across that nuance
talks software, I didn't know such tts was available for phones.
What is annoying is that phones and providers now have many
"fun" features that are only entertaining, when they could and
should be working accessibility. Text-to-speech is a feature
that would be useful for everyone, it would make phones much
safer if people could listen to sms and mail while driving. And
as usual, anything for accessibility is outrageously priced.

Kenny Hitt wrote:
If you are going to push commercial screen readers