Chuck, Thanks for the Script!

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Sat Mar 3 16:40:14 EST 2007

Hi Larry,

On Sat, Mar 03, 2007 at 01:20:50PM -0800, Hart Larry wrote:
By chance can I ajust that so it either prompts for a
> saving file name, or put one on the commandline?

Sure.

> Also, I grabbed your ramwav program from late 2005.  Aren't these similar, but
> one converts to mp3?

No. Grabit is a simple bash script. Ramwav is a C program that uses
mplayer to convert anything mplayer can access to a wav file. It figures
out whether or not to use the -playlist option in doing so.

> Whenever you ask any1 in linux about sound editors, they always mention
> audasity.  Have you ever tried it?

No. I have it here, but have not gotten around to trying it.

> I notice the first line begins with a number sign?  Don't number signs become
> comments?

Yes. But the second character is an exclamation point, which makes that
particular comment quite special. "man bash" explains it.

Chuck

PS -- Please switch this off list and use my direct email address.

--
The Moon is Full
 But you can get a few downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh