playing sounds remotely was Re: OT: saytime program

Garrett Klein garrettklein at comcast.net
Fri Mar 2 02:14:24 EST 2007

Speaking of which... never give your friend who's aspiring to learn
Linux command-line the commands for (1) raising the volume to 100% and
(2) using flite. Slackware has no "audio" group--just one of many
reasons why I don't use it anymore--and he had logged in while 	I was
listening to BBC World Service. Long story short, he raised the volume
to 100% and woke my parents. Explaining that someone else was, in fact,
logged into my machine was interesting.