ftp configuration clarification

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Sat Jun 30 11:51:11 EDT 2007

Doug,

You make a strong case for caution. Any simple way to detect the
possible compromise? I presently examine my daily log of incoming and
outgoing emails for anomalies, check for rootkits, etc., and have so
far been fortunate (I think).

BTW, the answer to my original question seems to be that I ought to
open ports on the server side to support passive mode. The only
possible benefit seems to be I could close port 20. Not much of a
benefit, and way too much risk.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Full