dropline-gnome accessibility

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Thu Jun 28 22:52:22 EDT 2007

I went through a pam install from source on slackware recently
because the new free vmware server will not work without it.
It was annoying to get working initially because the pam config
provided by vmware was not compatible with the pam built
from source. Apparently most distros have pam but slack does
not. Not sure how much it complicates thing altogether but for
getting vmware working, once it was configured properly it
was not a problem at all for me. PAM is an authentication
system, so yes it does complicate authentication. Vmware
uses it for authenticating access to those vmware processes
over that funky local network it creates. More info on pam
here

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/

I don't know much about gnome because I've been very
interested in it.

  -- Doug

Zach wrote:
 I've heard some technical complaints about Dropline.  One of those
seems to be that it installs PAM, which isn't really something I'm
familiar with.  From what I gather, it complicates traditional ways of
doing things considerably.